Micro-/Nanotechnology Dortmund: Here the future is born!
Dortmund is exactly the right address for products and technology “in miniature”. Here, companies and users of high-tech technologies find a first-class environment for start-up and growth. Numerous world market leaders and specialist providers form the basis of success. The great technological diversity of the sector and the strong link between micro- and nanotechnology with the topics of production as well as biotechnology characterize the innovative power of the site.
The local high-tech cluster connects companies, universities, research institutes and training networks as well as investors to an effective network. Young start-ups and established companies are provided with centers of excellence specializing in micro- and nanotechnology. They enable the rapid development of new products from idea to market – at low own investment costs.
With this concept Dortmund convinces also internationally: For more than 10 years, the MST cluster has been one of the largest clusters in Europe. Dortmund, as one of the leading locations for micro- and nanotechnology, is predestined to powerfully advance the innovation process and the technology transfer of key technologies for the future.
Facts and figures:
- More than 40 companies with more than 2,900 employees on site – with rising tendency
- Location of the MST.factory Dortmund – the competence center for micro- and nanotechnology
- Scientific expertise thanks to renowned research and development centers at the site
- Research alliance Micro- and Nanostructures at the TU Dortmund
- Available Professionals through industry-specific training and study opportunities
- Headquarters of the International Association of Microtechnology IVAM e.V.
Source and contact: www.wirtschaftsfoerderung-dortmund.de